Saturday, May 1, 2010

Page 19: Daemon Finished

I finished reading Daemon and stand by what I said in my previous post.  This is a great technothriller, with all the blood and gore of the video games it uses for part of the premise--maybe too much, and is receiving praise from most of the readers who have commented on Amazon.  In case you don't know, Daemon is the first in a two-part series.  The second book is Freedom and continues where Daemon left off.  I have not started Freedom yet, but will write a post about it when I finish.

Daemon continued to be a good read all the way through with plenty of surprises and twists.  It begins to get somewhat political in the second half, but, hey, this is nothing new for this genre.  The ending left me wondering what will happen until I discovered Suarez will bring the story to a conclusion in his second book.  Again, Daemon appeals to geeks and gamers, but anyone who likes thrillers and sci fi will enjoy this book as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment